Do you want to know why the server is unreachable when you are trying to make a phone call? Many people are searching for a solution to fix this problem in their phones, but they can’t get their hands on a working solution.
If searching for the right solutions brings you here, you have come to the right place. Here, you will get to know every method which helps solve the unreachable server problem.
Let’s check it out.
What does server unreachable error mean?
When the service provider’s signal is weak or out of the connection area, you will see an unreachable service message on your mobile. In other words, the server cannot send and receive adequate signals due to poor connectivity, which causes the user to encounter an unreachable server error.
There could be many causes for this mistake, and we’ll discuss them later. But the critical issue is how to fix this mistake. To do this, we must first understand the nature of the problem. Different causes indicate that various scenarios are possible for the emergence of a single issue. Even while trying each adjustment can be exhausting, they might be worthwhile.
Why is the server unreachable? Common Causes!
An inaccessible server error may frequently appear when you attempt to call someone. What will we do next? Calling again after waiting 30 minutes. If you continue to get this issue, one of the causes listed below may be to blame.
- Issues with the phone’s network.
- SIM card insertion needs to be corrected.
- Need an update on the mobile software.
- SIM cards could be damaged.
- Mobile phones might be in Airplane mode.
- The number that you are calling needs to be connected or in Service.
- Your location is in of service area.
Besides, it also happens when the background apps are high in number, which makes your mobile’s processor slow and drains your device’s battery. With these issues, your phone’s performance is affected as you can try connecting with applications like Facebook or Instagram but can’t open them.
How to fix the server as an unreachable error? Try These 5 Proven Fixes
To fix the unreachable service problem, you need to follow these steps:
- Check whether all the nearby phones are working correctly or not. If they face a similar situation, it could be a problem from the provider’s end.
- Restart your phone or reboot it.
- Check for the software update and the IP address of your phone.
- Ensure that the cellular data is turned on or that you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- Try to connect to a different network and then restart your phone.
(You need to contact your service provider if you need help with something. They will provide you with the ultimate solution to “why the mobile server is unreachable?”)
We hope you have all the information related to the question, “Why is the server unreachable?” You can check out the related videos to understand the problem better on YouTube or ask for expert advice. So, use the above solutions to fix the issue and continue using your mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
How do I fix the Vodafone server unreachable problem?
If you are a Vodafone user and your device is showing a message, i.e., ‘service unreachable,’ then here are the steps you need to follow to eliminate the problem.
- Check the server is connected to the internet. If not, then do it by restarting your phone.
- After restarting, turn on the mobile data.
- Check for the software update regarding the device.
If the problem still needs to be solved, contact the service provider and tell them that the network is not working correctly.
The last step is to turn off your device and switch it on again.
What does currently unreachable mean?
When you dial a number and it says that it is currently unreachable, it means that the number is not in the network area. It also means that the number is out of Service, which can be done due to unpaid bills or the users stopping using the number for a long time.
Therefore, if you call a number and get an unreachable message, the number was out of Service or never in Service.
How do I turn off unreachable calls?
First, you must check whether your phone is in Airplane mode. If your flight mode is on, turn it off immediately and wait a few minutes to review the signals. If the signs don’t get active, then restart your phone.
Also, you can change the mobile network if you have a dual sim and turn on the prior network after a few minutes.