German cockroaches happen to be a common household pest in the UK. You might be familiar with these pesky creatures, that looks flat and brown with two dark, parallel lines at the back of their head. In case you come across a German Cockroach scuttling across the floor, you might think about changing your housekeeping habits. Of course, you might be wondering how to get rid of these disturbing pests.
Once you are aware of their existence, you need to hire a professional Cockroach pest control company for eliminating the German cockroaches. These creatures, besides messing up your home, work as an active carrier of disease-causing micro-germs and bacteria. Moreover, they leave droppings and castoff skins in your kitchen. If you’re still wondering about how to eliminate German cockroaches from your house, this article will undoubtedly help you.
How to prevent the infestation of German cockroaches?
Some of the simple tricks that can help you prevent German cockroaches from infesting your house are as follows.
- Proper sanitation: Sanitation is the most effective strategy that can prevent the infestation of German cockroaches These pests look for food and water all the time to increase their infestation rapidly. Therefore, keep food items out of their reach, so that it becomes difficult for them to sustain their life cycle. The main food items of German roaches are sweets, starches, furniture glue, pet food, soap, garbage, human waste, etc.
- Keep your restaurant clean: If you somehow get to see German cockroaches in your restaurant, take immediate steps to eliminate them. Always keep yourself focused on cleaning your restaurant regularly. Besides, do not hose down the floor at the end of the shift as the excessive moisture of the floor can attract cockroaches very well. Furthermore, keep an eye on your staff, checking whether they are discarding all the wastage food items in sealed containers or not.
- Block the outside entrances to your home: Cockroaches can enter your home or building from a tiny way outside, even if your home is tidy enough. Do a little investigation to find out if any potential entry point exists around your property. Block them immediately when you come across one. Besides, ensure that no leaky pipes or areas remain unclosed.
- Keep all the food containers sealed: Open containers serve as the food sources for the German cockroaches. Therefore, if you or any of your family members have the habit of leaving the food containers or plastic wrappers opened, change it now. Instead of that, put open bags of food in tightly sealed containers so that no pests can start their infestation.
- Keep everything dry: Take your time to dry all bathtubs, basins, and showers before you go to bed. By doing this, you ensure that cockroaches won’t get enough moist environment to start their infestation.
How to kill German Cockroaches?
Now let’s take a look at how you can kill the German Cockroaches messing up your residence.
- A homemade mixture of baking soda and sugar is an efficient way to attract and kill German cockroaches.
- You can create your own customized trap to dispose off the pests.
- Chemical dust can be a good option in this context.
However, you can also seek the assistance of a registered Sydney pest control company to prevent the colonization of German cockroaches. A professional hand can work wonders to keep your home pest-free.