Noticing rapid hair fall can be a daunting experience in anyone’s life, and it is not something everyone can take lightly. Having this experience at a younger age before the whispers of ageing can be horrifying.
According to Fortune Business Insights™, the global hair care market size was USD 75.33 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 111.98 billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period.
According to research, around one-third of women globally, are victims of alopecia or pattern female baldness. The new age doesn’t make things simpler. Hair falls in women due to stress, irregular diets, and unhealthy lifestyle patterns which have plummeted to steep lengths.
With fast-paced lifestyles that are centered on how effective you can be, there is not much time left to give constant nourishment to your hair. Many women find it hard to make time for daily skincare routines and sometimes only do so once a week. In all of this, every woman at some point in their life would have wondered about the best hair loss treatment for all females?
If you’re experiencing rapid hair loss and are tired of constantly leaving a furry trail everywhere you go, read ahead to know how you can treat it.
How to Deal With First Signs:
If you have just begun experiencing hair loss, we know it’s not an ideal situation. There are many causes for hair loss like alopecia, stress, hormonal changes, menopause, or conditions and medications that trigger the problem.
Consulting a dermatologist is always a good first step to zero down on what is causing your hair to fall, which could affect the treatments prescribed to you. If nutrient deficiencies or unhealthy lifestyle choices are causing your hair to fall, it can easily be addressed through dietary changes, supplements, and exercise, amongst other options.
The guidance of a doctor is also crucial to understand and look out for any underlying medical conditions that are promoting hair loss. However, there are several medications, home remedies, and treatment options to treat all types of hair fall.
Tips to Maintain Strong Hair:
1. Shampoo and Conditioner: This tip is a no-brainer for so many of us, yet we spend only a little time considering any aspect of the process apart from actually doing it. It is necessary to understand your hair type and scalp. If your hair is dry and you choose to over wash your hair with dry shampoo, your scalp is not going to benefit from it. Avoid using shampoo and conditioners with sulfates, paraben, and other chemicals that make your hair brittle and your scalp dry.
2. Keep a Healthy Lifestyle: Doing even the bare minimum like adding iron and protein to your diet, cutting out overly fatty foods, doing yoga or meditation can do wonders to your hair and skin! Add hydration and your body will thank you for it like nothing else. Your health is, directly and indirectly, related to your hair and skin, and influences your stress levels and hormones. Keeping your lifestyle reasonably healthy will not only ensure a longer life but also guarantee that you can carry your luscious locks with you.
3. Chemical Treatments: If you subject your hair to a lot of heat and rigorous styling to tame your mane, we see the appeal. No one wants to walk into a room full of people with frizzy hair that is all over the place. But extensive use of heat and chemicals, especially on wet hair, can be a bad move. This makes your hair brittle, prone to breaking, dry and affects your scalp as well. Ensure that you don’t overdo it with heat and always use a protective spray when you have to.
4. Oil Massages: Massage your scalp and hair regularly with oil to keep its natural lustre. Massaging warm oil into your scalp helps improve blood circulation to the scalp and provides deep nourishment to your roots. If you make time once a week to oil your hair for a few hours, you’ll start noticing your hair regaining all its splendour.
5. Try home remedies: Try including home remedies like natural hair masks and hair creams in your hair care. You can use ingredients that you have at home like coconut milk, eggs, onions, aloe vera and many more to make a mask suitable for your hair type. These will help to nourish your hair and bring it back to a healthy state.
The above tips can contribute to your hair’s long-term health. However, your doctor might prescribe medications or other treatment options like light therapy or even hair transplants, depending on your condition.
If you’re experiencing hair loss, it can be a tough period but remember that it is something that can be prevented, treated, and in some cases, fully cured. Speak to your health care provider and discuss the best hair loss treatment for you.